Monday, April 21, 2014

Mar/Apr Update - Scrapbooking, Snailmailing, Toss & Turn, Carpenter and Cook






























She swims in the dark, longing for the light to come. Time seems to have come to a standstill. She waits, soaking in the cool breeze, dancing and prancing in the black and calm. How long my friend, she asks. How long. The wind whispers:

Time flies, it really does.
Go through the motion, and it will pass.
Soak in the moment, 
And it may last.
Time flies, it really does. 

"

It has been a month since I last posted. Many things have happened during that period of time, mostly school and in turn, took a toll on my health. Alas, I am done with school for at least a good few years. Until, that is, I decide it is time to be back again. Being at crossroads is never an easy choice.

Here's some things I've been doing during my free time, mostly scrap-booking and snail-mailing. If you are interested in pen paling, let's talk!


Scrap-booking 

I love doing craft; it is therapeutic for me. During one of my modules on perspectives of care giving practices, I presented my data in the form of a scrapbook, no less. Here's a picture of my presentation piece in class.



After bringing my piece to class, I learnt an important point - always consider the presentation layout of the environment. My piece looks bare on the table top. It was something I did not pay much attention to while preparing for it, and this new learning is indeed helpful for future styling purposes.



Outgoing Mail

Nadine opens a crafting online emporium named lepetitpaperie . She sells some really cute stuff that I adore. I came across her website through Instagram, and followed her ever since. Recently, she started #thehappymailmovement , a move to encourage random strangers who are going through some tough times. When she shared it, I was touched. She tugged at my heartstrings, and her decision to do so is quite in line with what I love to do: encourage others through letters/paper crafting, that is. Seeing that she was a little ill the other day, I decided to pop her a mini package. I hope it reaches her safely..




































In the month of March, I also participated in a #bottleupsummer swap organized by Nadine and Nia. Here's what I sent over to the UK. I can't wait for my swap partner to unravel the goodies packed inside! (:































Here's what my parcel pal sent over! Swoon~ for she really knows how to pack a heart-melting punch.































Incoming Mail

Finally, an incoming mail on my final day of class. I've never been so happy to read words and thoughts. 






























Food

Last, but not the least - good tasting food from Toss & Turn and Carpenter & Cook.




























Toss & Turn is a on-the-go salad shop. On most days, especially peak hours, you eat, and leave. Not the kind of place you can relax and enjoy, unless you don't mind the noise level, and people looking at you for your about-to-vacate seat. For a salad set this large, be prepared to spend above $10. Otherwise, go easy on your pocket. (:






































Carpenter and Cook. Where do I even begin? It has got to be one of the prettiest, if not, the prettiest set up I have seen in my cafe hopping life. Not that I cafe hop daily, but this place, well-known to many, win hearts on aesthetics. Their service is impeccable at the time I went by, and the food is pretty good. Just one thing I couldn't get over though - there was a mini black spider navigating its way next to me, and tiny ants attracted to the sugar packets on the table. Too much of nature in a cafe I suppose. In my idealistic mind, insects belong to the wild, where the wild things are.


Till then, 

Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment