Saturday, March 22, 2014

Reminders






























The past month has been extremely exhausting, not to say the least. There seem to have been a never ending pile of work mounting, with each slowly decreasing, one by one. God has been sustaining. Humanly speaking, I have been holding out, trying to pull through the entire semester without falling too sick. It has been really difficult, accounting that I can hardly stay past 1 am without feeling like I am dropping into the pit. Mostly though, I have been sleeping at varied hours on weekdays, sometimes right after I hit home, and sometimes, before 10-11pm. Just by sheer exhaustion. In such a time as this, two people gave the most comforting verses. Hebrews 4:16 is a verse that I have known in times past, but this time round, the verse encourages on another level. This is why God’s Word is so rich. It reminds me that I can never say I know His Word full well. Even a verse that I have known previously can encourage me like no other at different points in my life. “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Another verse shared by one of my favourite person is this: John 17:15 “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.” Such an important verse. Sometimes, I wish God can just take me home, for the things in life can seem so hard to bear. But God comforts. He protects. He reminds me that I ‘cannot skip the difficulties in life and go straight to heaven, but” that I “can stand on God’s promises to see’ me ‘through’. Thank you Lord, for being real in my life. This journey is hard to take/bear. But reading the gospels has been one of the best things I have done this month. The life that Jesus had, was not an easy one. Just like Him, I have to go through a tough one. And when I do, what will my response be? I was reminded of this song. It just popped into my head. Thank God. So, I sang it at 1 plus am. This hymn has been an encouragement to me, and I hope it will to you too. *Don’t mind the …erhmm..the technicalities at that hour. I don’t sound too good, but it’s the words that count.


Have I Done My Best For Jesus?
Lyrics: Ensign Edwin Young
Music: Harry E. Storrs

I wonder have I done my best for Jesus,
Who died upon the cruel tree?
To think of His great sacrifice at Calvary!
I know my Lord expects the best from me.

Refrain:
How many are the lost that I have lifted?
How many are the chained I’ve helped to free?
I wonder, have I done my best for Jesus,
When He has done so much for me?


Till then, 

Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment