Tuesday, January 14, 2014

God

As humans, we have a tendency to pride ourselves in what we have, not only materially, but also academically. When all that is stripped from us, we may find ourselves at a loss. At that point, it is important to reflect upon what we prize as important, and what we hold as valuable and dear to our hearts. Only then, will we be able to ask ourselves the true question "Will these last forever?" If the answer is "No", then we have to search for "What will last forever?". And for me, I realize, that, that is God. The God (of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob), whose eternal Son is able to save me from my sins, and deliver me from eternal damnation.

A hymn that popped in my mind:

The God Of Abraham Praise

Lyrics: Thomas Olivers
Music: From a Hebrew Melody


The God of Abraham praise, who reigns enthroned above;
Ancient of everlasting days, and God of Love;
Jehovah, great I AM! by earth and Heav’n confessed;
I bow and bless the sacred Name forever blessed.

The God of Abraham praise, at Whose supreme command
From earth I rise—and seek the joys at His right hand;
I all on earth forsake, its wisdom, fame, and power;
And Him my only Portion make, my Shield and Tower.

He by Himself has sworn; I on His oath depend,
I shall, on eagle wings upborne, to Heav’n ascend.
I shall behold His face; I shall His power adore,
And sing the wonders of His grace forevermore.

The whole triumphant host give thanks to God on high;
“Hail, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,” they ever cry.
Hail, Abraham’s God, and mine! (I join the heav’nly lays,)
All might and majesty are Thine, and endless praise.

http://www.hymnpod.com/2010/03/02/the-god-of-abraham-praise/

May you be blessed and encouraged by this hymn, even as I am.



Till then, 

Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment