Thursday, August 15, 2013

Arbite @ Serangoon Gardens: Lovely Experience

Being somewhat small eaters for the night, we shared the following for dinner.

Starter
Mushroom and Bacon Salad ($13.90+)



























The salad is a tasteful starter for dinner. It is more on the oily side, so I found myself trying to wipe off oil from my lips quite a few times. I wouldn't mind having it again the next time, though I might request for less oil. Otherwise, it was a good effort on their part, for making a non-mushroom eater finish off all their mushrooms.



Main
Tagliatelle with Prawns ($23.90+)





























This plate of food had a very familiar taste. I couldn't put the name to it till my pal exclaimed "Mee Pok!" Oh yes, this does taste like Mee Pok, with a good mixture of slight spiciness and crunchy prawns. I wouldn't say the prawns are fresh, just crunchy. I would love to have it again, though I might have to think twice because of the price. It taste good, but not worth the price for a plate of food that taste like very good Mee Pok.



Dessert
My Wife's Chocolate Cake ($8.00+)



























The chocolate cake is average, nothing too fanciful. The vanilla bean ice cream, however, stole the show. Their ice cream texture is nothing like most I have tasted thus far, though it reminds me slightly of the ice cream texture at Marble Slab Creamery. The taste however, is quite unique for the flavour. I quite like the taste, especially when I mix it with the crispy bits of black stuff (still have not figured out what it is).


Service
Did I mention how much I love their service? Nope, I am not talking about all the service staff there. Our server for the day was this middle-aged man, probably in his late 50s or 60s. He offered bag holders for us to place our bags at the side of the table, explained quite a few dishes to us (since it was our first time there), and made recommendations (in terms of portions). He came across as patient, ever ready to serve, smiled even though it was really late in the night, and offered us iced water, which was consistently refilled (by him and some others). The cake on the icing was when they did not rush us to leave. I don't like to be rushed out of a food place, or have people mop under my feet while I am still sitting down (it happened at another food place once). This final gracious act of theirs, giving us time to make our move, made the experience holistic.

Overall, I like Arbite for it's ambiance, service, and food. Though, I wouldn't pay this much for food every other day. Possibly only on special occasions, like this one. (:


Arbite
66A Serangoon Garden Way
Singapore 555962
Tel: 62870430

No comments:

Post a Comment