Friday, March 22, 2013

A Gift


During the week, after a long day at school, I headed home as usual. That day, I decided to open the letterbox. When I opened it, I saw a beautiful package. I got really excited, and wondered who would have sent it to me. When I opened it, I was so surprised and overwhelmed that I squealed with excitement, jumped, did happy dances, and beamed with delight. Basically, no words could describe that moment. I was truly surprised by the person who gave it to me, as well as the many handcrafted, made with love, detailed knick-knacks that overflowed with creativity. I looked at them for a good half an hour.. 




























After reading the card and calming down, I was reminded of Christ’s free gift, the gift of Salvation. I did not deserve any of the presents I was given, but I was given generously, because the giver chose to. This reminded me of how I do not deserved to be saved from my sins, but God chose to give me this precious gift, the gift of salvation, by sending His only begotten Son to die on the cross for my sins. Jesus washed my sins away with His precious blood, that I may be with Him in heaven for eternity after I die. When I was saved, I was given the joy of Salvation - a joy that no man can know until they have experienced it. Oh truly, how blessed it is to have a Saviour like Jesus! This then caused me to reflect on one verse in this hymn:

Lyrics: Ensign Edwin Young; Music: Harry E. Storrs

The hours that I have wasted are so many
The hours I’ve spent for Christ so few;
Because of all my lack of love for Jesus,
I wonder if His heart is breaking too.
How many are the lost that I have lifted?
How many are the chained I’ve helped to free?
I wonder, have I done my best for Jesus,
When He has done so much for me?


Lastly, I thank God for this great reminder from Him. God is good, and His ways are so unique. He used many interesting and unexpected ways, both good and bad experiences recently to teach me many lessons. I can see the Lord's hand working in my life in all these ways, and I thank God for it, because Christianity is a personal relationship with my Saviour. May He mould and shape me to become a woman that loves Him, His Word, and His people. (:


p.s. What spiritual lessons have you learnt through daily experiences and/or the reading of His Word?


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the short sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. Thank God.(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. you were the one who gave in the first place! your pictures make them look nicer than they actually are :) indeed may we look to the Giver of all good gifts...

    ReplyDelete